::scr air keyboard

simon wistow scr@thegestalt.org
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 15:18:04 +0000

On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 07:08:48AM -0800, matt jones said:
> It's be a great way for a talented musician to perform live - just
> bounding around doing air guitar (and not necessarily with a guitar voice,
> either). I always used to daydream about (hem) an exoskeleton that was
> linked to a portable sampler or synth and which would play different
> sounds depending on how you moved.

Wasn't there a child's toy like this around the early 90's - rap attck or rap
mania or something. You strapped it to your body and as you moved samples came
out. It was little more than a electronic one man band but it's sort of
similar to what you're talking about.

> What other applications (*outside* of conventioanl computing tasks) of
> wireless networking / wearable devices / motion capture do you like the
> idea of. Points awarded for comical and/or socially-worthy ones.

Doctors and actors obviously. Hazardous waste removal. Some sort of elaborate
mime? :)

--
:  everything after here is irrelevant