::scr usability, languages and apis

Simon Kinahan scr@thegestalt.org
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 23:13:08 -0000

> Hmm. We're back to that old chestnut, aren't we? The tightrope of
> sticking to a programming paradigm or ideology enough that it's
> meaningful, whilst not pushing it so far that it makes you do things
> in a nonsensical way.

There may well be such cases, but I don't think this is one of them. The
class hierarchy Simon W cited doesn't look like the one I would have
designed to handle this case. I don't know enough about the application
domain to say whether it represents the implementation correctly, but at the
very least there need to be some interfaces in there to represent the facts
that some things are Scrollable, or Solid, in spite of their places in the
implementation inheritance hierarchy,

Simon