::scr Ramblings of a Classic Refugee or How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love OS X

Piers Cawley scr@thegestalt.org
Wed, 06 Feb 2002 11:05:36 +0000

celia romaniuk <space@shadowgirl.net> writes:
> Personally, I'm undecided on this one. But my gut-feeling is that if the
> basic 'beginner' controls are obvious, and it's clear how to use the more
> advanced features, then people will help themselves. Much as skilled
> Photoshop users love that app, it's something I hate about it. I dabble in
> it occaisonally, so know how to do basic stuff (change image size and
> colour mode, crop, blah blah blah) but so often the way to do things is
> unclear unless you have someone over your shoulder telling you. For
> example, I can never remember how to apply to apply a filter to a channel.
> And there's no 'step by step' guide for people like me, who can't
> remember.

But it's orthogonal. You do it in exactly the same way as you'd apply
a filter to a layer. Go to the channel tab. Select the channel as
being the one you're writing to, and apply the filter. Et viola.

--
Piers

   "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a language in
    possession of a rich syntax must be in need of a rewrite."
         -- Jane Austen?