::scr on agents[0] was on bots

Greg McCarroll scr@thegestalt.org
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 17:22:04 +0000

* jo walsh (jo@abduction.org) wrote:

> i guess a speech/speech rec  based interface to the machine/the net  would

Well i've just got an iBook and once i got used to speaking all proper
and right, Professor Higgins, I found it was a the first indications
of a speech/speech interface for people who didn't _need_ it.

Although a year or two ago, I had a nice system running on my
workstations that was a combination of MP3's and festival generated
wav's (2mp3) that would play the appropriate ``mp3'', with the
generated mp3's being given higher priority, i never really finished
the system, and i no longer use it. But for me it was a really
excellent interface to the world.

(the speech2text stuff where things like important emails arriving,
servers going down, etc.)

I guess, i'm desperate for continuity to my life so i can reawaken the
project.

this probably doesnt make sense, but i'm on a time budget

greg

--
Greg McCarroll                                 http://217.34.97.146/~gem/