::scr on agents[0] was on bots

Piers Cawley scr@thegestalt.org
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 12:36:21 +0000

Andy Wardley <abw@kfs.org> writes:

> On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 11:31:40AM +0000, Simon Wistow wrote:
>> Nullpointer san demonstrated some visualisations that he'd done of
>> music. The difference between these and, say, WinAmp or iTunes
>> visualisations were that these reacted to the notes and instruments as
>> they were being played through Midi rather than reacting to the sound
>> wave and some fourier calculations.
>
> I was thinking about doing this very thing.  I got the Midi files of
> the 24 preludes and fugues of Bach's Well Tempered Clavier and wanted to
> see if I could make swallows fly out of it.
>
> Can you point me at more info, or tell me how I find this Nullpointer
> of whom you speak.

Thinking about this, was I alone in wishing that the generative music
thingy he was using had discovered the joys of the back beat. Or
failing that, the sane time signature?

--
Piers

   "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a language in
    possession of a rich syntax must be in need of a rewrite."
         -- Jane Austen?