::scr Drooling GUI

Chris Heathcote scr@thegestalt.org
Thu, 07 Mar 2002 11:50:23 +0000

on 7/3/02 11:36 am, Clifton Evans wrote:

> Or at least too specific for most people. Or all people. Artists would
> prefer a studio metaphor. Gamers an arcade metaphor. Chefs a kitchen
> metaphor. And so on.

But would they?

Would a chef, trying to type up a menu, or cost it on a spreadsheet, want to
go through metaphors of markets, a dining table etc.?

The desktop metaphor doesn't work, but I don't think welding real-world life
onto interfaces makes thing easier. I am interested in different ways of
ordering things, such as the Lifestreams system, which establishes
everything on a timeline. However, I don't thing it would work for everyone.
My way of thinking about the world isn't the same as others.

c.