::scr IAs (was something else)

Arvid Gidhagen scr@thegestalt.org
Thu, 07 Mar 2002 19:18:16 +0100 (MET)

> are you in fact re-branded systems analysts?

Well, I most certainly am NOT a systems analyst. Systems
analysts deal (as far as I've understood it) how information/
data flows in large organisations and the like. I deal mainly
with how humans and other things think. (Specifically cognitive
psychology, linguistics, AI, neuroscience and cogntive
anthropology, philosophy of mind... the list goes on).
I know bugger all about economics and organisation theory.

> if it would help, i'd very much like to know what consitutes language
> technology as a field

Mainly nlp. The course literature can be found here - see
table of contents for an overview.

http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~martin/slp.html

> good luck anyway

thanks.

warning. danger of off-topicness imminent.

- Arvid