::scr Ramblings of a Classic Refugee or How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love OS X

Paul Sharpe scr@thegestalt.org
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:12:38 +0000

David Cantrell wrote:

> Yes, some people may remember me having this wonderful idea of distributing
> music from unsigned bands online using the wonderful mp2 format (no, that
> isn't a typo).  That was in [thinks] 1995.  mp3.com started just over a
> year after I tested the idea with a couple of friends' bands.  I actually
> considered patenting the idea, but decided not to because it was too
> obvious.  I was insufficiently cynical and believed that patent inspectors
> would actually care about the bit about how patents should not be obvious
> to anyone already conversant with the field.

I think IUMA were already doing this in 1995.

Isn't it AWESOME when you find someone else thinking along your lines
;-)

paul

--
Paul Sharpe                   Tel: +44 (20) 7407 5557
Miraclefish Ltd.              Fax: +44 (20) 7378 8711