::scr IA Goldrush (was Ramblings of a Classic Refugee)

Arvid Gidhagen scr@thegestalt.org
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:11:43 +0100

> http://www.itri.bton.ac.uk/projects/euromap/developers.html

> resources for people involved in Human Language Technology (HLT)

> I am using "IA" pretty loosely here - sorry if I'm basically
> wrong. I'm probably talking more about things which are HCI-related

Well...
Machine translation, speech applications, knowledge management,
language technology in general - to me this is not IA, not HCI, it's
actually AI. Interesting to note that it's now sneaking in without
overtly calling itself "artificial intelligence" - possibly the
expression either has stupid connotations now or in any case makes
people expect too much intelligence.

- Arvid