::scr IA Goldrush (was Ramblings of a Classic Refugee)

celia romaniuk scr@thegestalt.org
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 06:02:01 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Arvid Gidhagen wrote:

> > I am using "IA" pretty loosely here - sorry if I'm basically
> > wrong. I'm probably talking more about things which are HCI-related
>
> Well...
> Machine translation, speech applications, knowledge management,
> language technology in general - to me this is not IA, not HCI, it's
> actually AI.

For those interested in a definition of IA:

http://www.IAwiki.net/AspectsOfIA

http://www.IAwiki.net/DefiningTheDamnThing

User, context, content. Thing about what we tend to do is that it's pretty
general, and can ripple out in all sorts of directions, whether that's AI,
KM, speech recognition or something else.

But I've already said that this conversation bores me. It's more
interesting to investigate, discuss and develop the directions themselves.

--
celia
the thinner the air becomes the more we feel at home