memes (was Re: ::scr clue)

Simon Wistow scr@thegestalt.org
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 13:21:24 +0000

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 12:42:11AM +0000, jo walsh said:
> extreme remedy nemesis memos

Errm, thanks Jo.

Ever ready to try and haul a thread back on topic (an increasingly
difficult task) since I mentioned propogation maps of viruses then you
may want to look at this

http://www.messagelabs.com/viruseye/outbreak.asp

which is quite nifty and shows number of cases of viruses in a given
country over time in a nice graphical statcking atlas type way. No scary
lines, just pwetty, pweety pictures.

The speed at which the love bug virus spread is quite scary. I presume
memes spread at the same rate although, as mentioned befre you do tend
to get waves coming days and then months after the previous one.

Then it's over when the Guardian get hold of it.

http://www.spesh.com/danny/writing/fourwaves.html

--
: i'm satisfied ... yet still strangely outraged.