::scr A PC user speaks ...

John McDonnell scr@thegestalt.org
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 11:14:36 -0800 (PST)

It would appear that on Wed, 27 Mar 2002, Simon Wistow did say:

> Job's NeXT Kool Aid and his refusal to accept that NeXT IS DEAD

well, Jobs isn't exactly one to drop an idea that he likes. cf: another
cube shaped computer and one that looks like Pixar's cute Flexo Jr. (or is
it Luxo - gneh... whatever..)

> Why more manufacturers don't do what Dell (?) have started doing and
> putting both nipple and a track pad on I'll never know

heh, well, I actually met the member of SJFD[1] that was responsible for
asking one of his buddies, a designer/engineer at Dell, to do this...

> I can count the number of times I've run X apps over the network on the
> fingers of one very large, mutant hand.

I frequently run things from home while connected via ssh... and exporting
my DISPLAY back to home and running xeyes while Vicki is logged in is just
too funny :)

[1] yes, that *is* San Jose Fire Department

johnmc.
--
 . johnmc@ | hyperattractive.net - +1-408-985-7992 (home) .
 . http:// | johnmc.org          - +1-408-386-3549 (cell) .