::scr (c)opyright

Alex Robinson scr@thegestalt.org
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 12:09:59 +0000

>Piracy is nothing more than doing both of these at the same time, and
>that's why it's so acceptable to some people.

Isn't piracy making money off the back of someone else's work rather than
simply redistributing it?

Anyway I think that's missing the point. The real issue is how are content
providers going to support themselves in the "future". Hey presto, here's
the concluding part of an essay on that very subject in Tidbits

http://db.tidbits.com/getbits.acgi?tbart=06629

Puts me in mind of a fantastic Stanislaw Lem short story where he makes a
playful but very strong case that government should pay artists not to
produce any more work