::scr Ramblings of a Classic Refugee or How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love OS X

Andy Wardley scr@thegestalt.org
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 14:49:52 +0000

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 02:40:42PM +0000, Simon Wistow wrote:
> Effectively DB file systems and also individual files would have the
> equivalent of DTDs (the file that describes an XML file for the buzzword
> protected) but for lovely shiny binary files. Al Snell would be proud.

Yep, schema driven data systems are the future.

Of course, we may be the poor buggers who have to go out and invent that
future, but it's definately out there and it's going to happen sooner or
later.

Schemata are the new templates. [*]
Orange is the new black.

[*] quite literally in fact, although temporally reversed