::scr Ramblings of a Classic Refugee or How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love OS X

celia romaniuk scr@thegestalt.org
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 06:57:33 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Simon Wistow wrote:

> > So number one, get rid of all menu options in computer interfaces. And
> > dialogue boxes. And anything else that appears. All on-screen
> > manipulation should be done:
> > - by pulling a tool over to act-at-a-place; or
> > - by looking "closer" at the item to alter its properties
>
> This sounds suspiciously close to 'my' idea of document centric
> interfaces which I keep bringing up.

It's also similar to Raskin's stuff about zooming interfaces. Sort of.

See the Beardy Man!
http://www.computerworld.com/cwi/stories/0,1199,NAV47-81_STO57255,00.html

*sigh*. You must be wondering if I ever reference any one else's work. I
do. Honest.

Look! http://www.joelonsoftware.com/

--
celia