::scr hacking in life

Piers Cawley scr@thegestalt.org
Wed, 06 Feb 2002 14:30:07 +0000

Alaric Snell <alaric@alaric-snell.com> writes:

> On Wednesday 06 February 2002 11:39, you wrote:
>> >
>> > Frankly I wouldn't want to do the robbing banks thing, but one of the
>> > aspects of magic that's always fascinated me is pickpocketing,
>> > especially stage pickpocketing, so yeah, maybe it is.
>>
>> I've had a think, and I suppose that the hackish crime I'd most like to
>> commit is electoral fraud, on a big enough scale to change the result
>> of a parliamentary election for a constituency.
>
> I'd like to do some kind of dodgy share dealing thing where I end up owning
> the world's entire wealth.
>
> Not sure if it's possible, but the economy is such a complex system that
> there *must* be a root exploit somewhere...

Hmm... see _Norstrilia_. Cordwainer Smith was a strange man.

Happy note: Just picked up _True Names and the Opening of the
Cyberspace Frontier_ by Vinge et al.

--
Piers

   "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a language in
    possession of a rich syntax must be in need of a rewrite."
         -- Jane Austen?