::scr Drooling GUI

celia romaniuk scr@thegestalt.org
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 04:32:39 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Clifton Evans wrote:

> I'm just thinking out loud here, but perhaps that's why the palm is so
> successful, it has no overriding metaphor. The applications make their own
> metaphors.

That got me googling, and I came across this - Zen of Palm, describing
design philosophies and practices for developing PalmOS apps.
http://www.palmos.com/dev/support/docs/zenofpalm/ZenTOC.html

It's new - it would've been a nice thing to have before working on
pogo. As a sort of LART-equivalent for marketing people. Or
something. Nice to know it's out there, anyway.

I haven't read it yet, but shall look over it more this afternoon.

Celia