::scr Drooling GUI

Chris Heathcote scr@thegestalt.org
Thu, 07 Mar 2002 12:47:46 +0000

on 7/3/02 12:08 pm, Clifton Evans wrote:

> As you can see, at the bare minimum we need different languages for
> different environments. I'm just saying that the files and folders don't
> really suit gardening applications, or even mobile operating systems.

Too true. I often feel that even people that spend a lot of time on
usability don't spend too much on copy (especially on websites).

But this strikes me as designing for beginners, rather than designing for
intermediates. As long as you can educate people quickly up to level where
the metaphors and symbolism are apparent, you don't have to dumb-down the
interface and handhold.

c.